Our congregation has chosen two “Here” mission initiatives (i.e. located in Anoka County) to focus on serving as a congregation. One of them is Stepping Stone:
Stepping Stone is the only homeless shelter in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Scott, and Washington counties that provides homeless single adult men and women with short-term room, board, and one-on-one counseling that moves the residents into self-sufficiency. Our vision for this ministry is to provide material support for an effective organization while building relationships with residents that may allow sharing of the gospel, and to provide ongoing mentoring once residents have left Stepping Stone to support a lasting end to homeless situations.
- Family of Christ Involvement Opportunities
- Host game nights at shelter.
- Host bible studies or music at shelter.
- Facility improvement projects.
- Provide and serve meals.
- Donate clothing, living essentials.
- Participate in Adventure Club outings with residents.
- Develop mentoring relationships with residents.
At this time only staff, residents, and essential workers are allowed into the building due to COVID-19 precautions. We have provided masks to them and hope to continue other activities once restrictions are lifted.