Our congregation has chosen two “Here” mission initiatives (i.e. located in Anoka County) to focus on serving as a congregation. One of them is Stepping Stone:
The Dwelling Place is a Christ-centered ministry providing healing and hope to victims of domestic abuse through supportive services and a safe, transitional place to call home. A comprehensive program for women and children fleeing domestic violence includes safe, transitional housing, provision of basic daily needs, trauma-informed supportive services, educational programs and mentoring. The Dwelling Place offers the precious gift of time needed for safety, healing, and personal development that equips women and children to live free of abuse.
Family of Christ Involvement Opportunities:
- Intercessory prayer
- Lawn care (mowing, etc.). Weekly on your own schedule.
- Child care.
- Tutoring and Mentoring kids.
- Facility Renovation (skilled and unskilled work)
- (A major project is starting June 4 and continuing for several months).
- Community building social events.
- Moving help.
- Cleaning the Program House.
- Support fundraising events.
At this time only staff, residents, and essential workers are allowed into the building due to COVID-19 precautions. We have provided masks to them and hope to continue other activities once restrictions are lifted.